Clint & Angi

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

I HATE Snakes!!!!

Way too much excitement for the Michaelson household last night!!! I decided (after dark) last night to go down and check the mail and Nicholas wanted to come too. SO we headed out the door and went walking through our grass, which I always do. I stepped probably two steps into the grass when all of a sudden right beside me I saw the head of a snake raise up. Nicholas was right behind me so I stepped out the way, turned around and looked at him and yelled, "RUN!!!" right as he was about to step where the snake was. He took a step forward and turned around screaming and running. He had no idea why he was screaming or running because he didn't see the snake. I was just glad he ran backwards and not forward.

So we ran inside and yelled for Clint. We inspected his legs and feet to make sure the snake had not bit him and he was fine. I went to get my flashlight so we could see what type of snake it was but of coarse it wasn't where I keep it because Nicholas has discovered my hiding spot for it and likes to play with it. (HAHAHA - for those of you reading this & thinking you will buy Nicholas his own flashlight to play with.....Please DON'T! He has several and the batteries always go dead because he leaves it on all day long.) Anyway, the snake was gone when we went back out to look.

BUT that is not the end of our excitement for the evening. Not even 15 minutes later, I opened up the closet door in our living room and saw something move very quickly. I flipped on the light and there was a lizard in the closet. He was about 3 inches long. So I yelled for Clint and again Nicholas is upset....Clint caught the lizard, which is no small task because they run so fast and he threw it out of the house.

I hope our house in Florida doesn't have snakes living near by because in case I forgot to mention, I HATE snakes!!! Also, I really don't care to see any lizards either....they are fine outside but not in my house and that wasn't the first time a lizard has come in the house here in Texas. There have been times a lizard has been on our door and when we opened the door, they ran in. That happened a few times when I would let Zoey out to potty....usually at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment